Terms & Conditions (Shopping Online)
Abakhan Fabrics Hobby & Home are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please email us using our Help button at the top of the page.
Our Contact details:
Michael Abakhan Ltd,
t/a Abakhan Fabrics Hobby & Home, & Abakhan.co.uk
Coast Road Llanerch-Y-Mor Mostyn Flintshire CH8 9DX United Kingdom
Registered In England and Wales. Reg No 799559
VAT Reg No GB 163 6141 78
Telephone: 01745 562133 (Please note that this is Customer Services for online purchases only)
Please note that these Terms & Conditions apply to all orders directly placed on this web site. Please ensure that you understand the Terms & Conditions prior to purchasing.
This website is for sales direct to consumers. Businesses can also make purchases, but there are no further discounts available.
Making A Purchase
This could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping basket. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
Please read the descriptions for indications of current stock availability and colour range available. These provide a general guide only. Please also note that even though we have made every effort to accurately display colours on the website, the colours on this web site will be affected by the settings of the PC monitor on which they are viewed.
Where stocks are limited and not repeatable, please ensure that you order enough to complete your project.
We currently only deliver within the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, and the Republic of Ireland.
When confirmation of order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
We offer a sampling service to ensure that you order the fabric that is best suited to your requirements. We make a nominal charge of £1 per sample for this service, which covers the cost of processing and delivery. Each sample is approximately A5 (23cm x 16cm)*.
To ensure that we offer you the best possible service, we limit the number of samples per customer/order to 6. If you place repeated order or an order in excess of the maximum amount, we reserve the right to either
- cancel you order in its entirety and refund any money already paid, or
- ask you to select a number of samples equivalent to the maximum and refund the difference.
Samples may not be available on some fabrics if we have a very low stock, and the fabric cannot be re-ordered from our suppliers. We do not supply samples of non-fabric products.
*Please note that for our range of Liberty Art Fabrics, the sample size is approximately A6 (10cm x15cm).
Your order is normally processed and dispatched within 48 hours of being placed (excludes Weekends, UK Bank Holidays and Public Holidays) but could take a little longer during peak times. All deliveries are subject to stock availability.
Shipping and Handling
We currently only deliver within England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, and the Republic of Ireland. All Shipment & Packaging Costs are per order, so are fixed regardless of how many items you purchase. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from us when your order has been shipped.
We offer two services: Royal Mail and DPD Courier. The Royal Mail service is not trackable, and so it is not possible to guarantee when the shipment will be delivered. The DPD Courier Service is Fully Trackable, and you will receive an email from DPD providing all the information required to be able to track the shipment. You will receive an additional email on the morning of the delivery date providing more detailed information about the delivery time slot. You will have the opportunity to change the delivery day if this date is inconvenient.
Any charges, costs and expenses incurred after despatch are the responsibility of the purchaser.
We reserve the right to ship smaller items by Royal Mail, or an alternative carrier.
For any delivery address within England, Wales, Scotland (including Highlands and Islands), Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, and the Channel Islands:-
- £2.48 for 2nd Class (Royal Mail 48), for order values up to and including £34.99.
- £3.70 for 1st Class (Royal Mail 24), for order values up to and including £34.99.
- Free Delivery for order values of £35.00 and above, using 2nd Class (Royal Mail 48).
- Once shipped, the deliveries will be on the Royal Mail's non-tracked and non-signed for Service.
We do not currently use Royal Mail for delivery to the Republic of Ireland.
Samples are sent by 2nd Class (Royal Mail 48), and the small charge covers processing and shipping costs.
Delivery: If you are not in to accept the parcel at the time of delivery your postman may either leave the parcel in a safe place, with a neighbour or at your local sorting office for collection. If you do not collect the parcel after 7 days it will be returned to sender.
For any delivery address within England, Wales, and Mainland Scotland (excluding Highlands):-
- £5.99 (£4.99 plus VAT) for order values up to and including £24.99.
- £3.95 (£3.29 plus VAT) for order values between £25.00 and £34.99.
- Free Delivery for order values of £35.00 and above.
- Once shipped, all deliveries will be on the Courier's Next Day Delivery Service*.
For any address within Scottish Highlands and Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, and Channel Islands:-
- £13.00 (£10.83 plus VAT) for order values up to and including £34.99.
- Free Delivery for order values of £35.00 and above.
- Once shipped, the delivery will be on the Courier's Two Day Delivery Service*.
- These UK postcode areas are: all Northern Ireland postcodes starting BT; all Isle of Man postcodes starting IM; Isles of Scilly postcodes TR21, TR22, TR23, TR24, TR25; Scottish Highlands postcodes AB31, AB33-38, AB44-56, FK17-99, G83, IV1-28, IV30-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-33, PA34-40, PH18-26, PH30-41, PH49-50; Scottish Islands postcodes HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3; Channel Island postcodes are all starting JE, GY.
For any address within the Republic of Ireland:-
- £13.00 (£10.83 plus VAT)for order values up to and including £34.99.
- Free Delivery for order values of £35.00 and above.
- Once shipped, the delivery will be on the Courier's Two Day Delivery Service*.
*Please note that for orders which qualify for free delivery, we reserve the right to select the delivery service.
Delivery: A signature will be required on delivery, so there needs to be an adult available at the delivery address. If no-one is at the address, the courier may attempt to deliver to a neighbour.
Royal Mail Deliveries. Please note that these may take longer to arrive, although in the majority of cases it should be within 2 days of sending. If you have not received the delivery within 5 days of notification of shipment, you will need to check that it has not been left at the local sorting office before contacting abakhan.co.uk Customer Services. Because it is not possible to track the deliveries, it may be necessary to wait up to 10 working days before it can be assumed that the delivery is missing. Please allow 10 working days for delivery before contacting us regarding your parcel not arriving.
Courier deliveries. If your order does not arrive following the shipment notification email, please track the order via the couriers web site, or contact the abakhan.co.uk Customer Services. It is normally possible to quickly arrange re-delivery.
If it is important that delivery is received within our normal delivery terms, we would recommend using the courier service, which can also be tracked.
Back Orders of Out of Stock Items
If an item is not in stock, we will back order it for you, unless the item has Limited Availability, and therefore cannot be back-ordered. You will always be emailed (if the delay is likely to exceed our normal delivery period), with the option to remove this item form your order or cancel your order if you would rather not wait. If you wish to remove the item or cancel your order, a refund will be made to your credit card or PayPal account for the item being removed or the full value of the order if the whole order is being cancelled.
If a reply is not received within 7 Days from our email to you, we reserve the right to ship the available items, and refund the cost of the out of stock items.
Ensure that you have properly checked your items before cutting or processing, as any goods which have been cut or processed by the purchaser will have been accepted by the purchaser and therefore cannot be returned, exchanged or refunded, for any reason.
Any claim in respect of faults in the goods supplied, where the claim has not been made within 30 days of receipt, will be dealt with on the basis that the goods have been accepted by the purchaser, and therefore cannot be rejected. No items will be accepted for return after 30 days. Delivery for this purpose is assumed to be 2 days after shipment. Please also note that a refund will not be given if items have been cleaned, or used contrary to any instructions on this website. A refund will also not be given for samples as these are free with a small cost to cover processing and shipping. You must e-mail email@example.com (providing your Order Number, and the nature of the fault/damage) for instructions on returning the faulty items. A full refund will be made for the return of faulty items, if a claim has been made in accordance with our Terms & Conditions.
Personal Customers only:
Should you be dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it within 14 days of receipt, for a refund or exchange. You must complete the "On-Line Returns Form" which is included with your delivered order. Follow the instructions contained on the form and return the goods to the Freepost address on the form. You can download a duplicate form here. Any payment already made will be refunded on receipt of the goods (less any return Shipping Costs, if applicable. This will be no more than that already charged for shipping the order). Any refund will be processed within 14 days from when the order is received back to us, but will usually be much quicker. Your rights to return goods are protected under the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, which can be found at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/contents/made.
The following items cannot be returned, exchanged or refunded:
- Samples as these are free with a small cost to cover processing and shipping.
- Made to order and measured items, such as cut length fabrics and haberdashery (sold by the metre).
- Gift Vouchers/Gift Codes.
- Sewing and Knitting Patterns.
- Any goods which have been cut or processed by the purchaser
Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. You should be aware that you use the Website and its Content at your own risk.
- We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- We only supply Goods for domestic and private use. We make no warranty or representation that the Goods are fit for commercial, business or industrial use of anykind (including resale). We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity.
Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If We are required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions pertaining to the sale of Goods by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
Gift Vouchers & Online Gift Card Codes
Gift Vouchers & Online Gift Card Codes are available for sale on this web site.
There are 2 different types of Gift Vouchers, and also Online Gift Card Codes available for sale on this website:-
- Online Gift Card Codes. When purchased, you will be required to choose the value of the Gift Card Code, the name of the recipient and their e-mail address. The recipient will receive an e-mail containing the Gift Card code that can then be used on www.abakhan.co.uk only. To use the Online Gift Card Code, the recipient must enter the Online Gift Card Code in the field available on the Shopping Basket page. If the value of the order is higher than the balance remaining on the Online Gift Card, the balance of the order will have to be paid by PayPal or Card during the Checkout process. If the value of the order is less than the balance on the Online Gift Card, then the reduced balance will remain on the Online Gift Card Code for future use. If for any reason a refund is made on an order, the value of the proportion of the order paid by Online Gift Card Code will be added back to the Online Gift Card Code balance. It is possible to check the Status and balance of Gift Card Codes at any time within "My Account" if you have Registered, and on the Shopping Basket page.
- Retail Store Gift Voucher. There are a range of Values available for purchase. When purchased, the Gift Vouchers will be sent by Royal Mail to the Delivery Address on the order. The recipient will be able to use the Gift Voucher in any of the Abakhan Fabrics, Hobby & Home Stores (excluding www.abakhan.co.uk), which can be found on our Stores Page.
- Workshop Gift Vouchers. There are a range of Values available for purchase. When purchased, the Workshop Gift Vouchers will be sent by Royal Mail to the Delivery Address on the order. The recipient will be able to use the Workshop Gift Voucher in any of the Abakhan Fabrics, Hobby & Home Stores (excluding www.abakhan.co.uk), which can be found on our Stores Page. The recipient will only be able to use the Workshop Gift Voucher towards the cost of any Abakhan Workshop or Course held at our Mostyn, Liverpool, or Altrincham Stores.
Gift Vouchers & Gift Cards are non-returnable and cannot be exchanged for cash. When purchasing, please ensure that the recipient delivery address or recipient e-mail address is correct. We cannot be held liable for any Gift Vouchers or Online Gift Cards that are lost or used by someone other than your recipient after delivery. Make sure your recipient has received their Gift Voucher or Online Gift Card, as it is their responsibility to keep the Gift Voucher & Online Gift Card details safe. The Gift Vouchers & Online Gift Cards cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
Credit Card Security
We use Sagepay as our card payment service provider, and also accept PayPal payments. These both use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for your security. You will see a Locked Padlock in your Internet Browser. We accept all cards displayed on our home page and on the Sagepay Secure Payment page. The payment information is encrypted using 128 bit encryption. Please visit www.sagepay.com for further information. We also use PayPal, and the payment information is also encrypted using 128 bit encryption. Please visit www.paypal.com/uk for further information.
For orders made from the UK, they are subject to the Standard Rate of VAT, currently 20%, with the exception of any Zero Rated items which will be subject to 0% VAT.
WEEE Regulations for disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment in the UK
Electrical and Electronic Equipment that was made after June 2006 should display the wheelie bin symbol on the packaging or product. If this symbol is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is classed as Electrical or Electronic Equipment and is covered by the WEEE Regulations.
When you have finished with a product containing this symbol (WEEE product) please do not put in your general household waste or in your household recycling bin as it will not be recycled through these channels. Please use one of the following disposal options instead:
- Ensure that the goods are separately disposed of by taking the WEEE product to your local designated collection facility. This would normally be your local civic amenity site (recycling centre). To locate your local site, contact your local authority at: www.recycle-more.co.uk To find which waste electrical goods you can recycle near you, type your postcode into the bank locator at: www.recycle-more.co.uk/banklocator/banklocator.aspx
- Hand the old equivalent product back to an Abakhan store when purchasing a replacement product.
- For WEEE products purchased online, equivalent products can be returned to Michael Abakhan Ltd, Coast Road Llanerch-y-Mor, Holywell, CH8 9DX within 28 days of purchase. Postage charges for WEEE returned by post must be paid for by the customer.
Fire & Safety
Fabrics may only be used for upholstery if they have been treated in accordance with the Furniture & Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988. Fabrics displayed on this site have not been treated unless otherwise stated. For further information please visit http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file24685.pdf
Before contacting us, please check our Help & Contact Pages, which answer most of the most common queries. We can only respond to enquiries about items that are currently available for sale on this web site (www.abakhan.co.uk) or enquiries about outstanding orders and problems with orders.
E-mail is our preferred method of communication, as a more efficient and faster way to serve our customers. Customer Service is open Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays. If you need to reach us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can call on 01745 562133. Our phone line is open from 9:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
There may be different opening hours over the Christmas & New Year period, so please check the Delivery Information page for specific information.
Abakhan.co.uk do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
Data collected by this site is used for:
- Essential operation of the website; particularly taking and fulfilling customer orders
- Administering and enhancing the site and service
- Disclosing information to third-parties only for goods delivery purposes
- Analysing data such as visitor numbers and sales through Google Analytics (personal information is not given out)
We reserve the right to publish any comments received from customers, on our Testimonials section within our web site. The comments may be published in full or in part. The customer's e-mail address or postal address will not be revealed. If the customer does not wish for the comments and name to be published within our web site this must be clearly stated in any written correspondence to Abakhan.co.uk.
Workshops & Courses
- Availability. All Bookings are made subject to availability. Confirmation will be given that your chosen date is available.
- Payment. Online bookings must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- Attendance Information. All attendees will be sent full attendance details by Royal Mail 7 days prior to the Course or Workshop.
- Material & Equipment. Materials will be provided where stated. Equipment is also provided where required, but remains the property of Michael Abakhan Ltd.
- Cancellation. All cancellations must be made in writing 28 days prior to the start of the course or workshop. We are unable to accept cancellations after that date. Online bookings may be cancelled in accordance with the above, or within seven days of booking. All cancellations must be made in writing. Any cancellations made within the 28 days prior to the start of the course or workshop will not be refunded the non-refundable deposit element, which is 50% of the Workshop fee. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a course, all participants will be notified as soon as possible and offered either an alternative date or a full refund of any monies paid.
- Children. Where classes have been specifically designed for children, they must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
Terms and Conditions relating to the use of Coupon Codes
- Is only available at www.abakhan.co.uk
- Is not available for use at any of our retail stores
- Is not available in conjunction with any other discount or promotional offer
- Will not be applied to previously discounted or reduced goods
- Excludes Workshops & Courses, Gift Vouchers and Sewing Patterns
- Will not be applied to Shipping, Packing & Handling Charges where applicable
- We currently only deliver within England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, the Channel Islands
- Can only be used within the validity period stated
- Once you have finished shopping with us, all you need to do is enter the Coupon Code into your shopping basket before proceeding to checkout
Terms and Conditions relating to “Free Delivery” promotion.
- The order value required for "Free Delivery" and the delivery locations that it applies to are stated on the Delivery Page.
- Gift Vouchers and Workshops and Courses are excluded from the total value
- Applies to new orders placed online within the validity of the promotion only
- The promotion can be amended or withdrawn at any time
Exclusions to Online Sales at abakhan.co.uk
These Terms and Conditions: with effect from 17th August 2017, 18:30 UK time.