Abakhan Christmas Makes
Hi, I’m Kerry and I blog at verykerryberry
. In October, I was lucky enough to win a fantastic Christmas sewing competition, kindly sponsored by Abakhan and i was offered the chance to do a little write up here! I live a lot of my sewing life online and now that we are less than a month away from Christmas I thought the best thing to do would be a little round up of free tutorials from all around the sewing blog world!
So working clockwise from top left- here are the links!
1. The first is my winning competition entry- a Scandinavian Christmas Tree cushion. You can find the instructions for that here
2. Number two is another one of mine - a mini tote
, great for young children, this is a super quick project. I think it takes longer to cut out than it does to sew and you could use any design you like.
3. Next, there is a cute mini organiser designed by Leila from Where the Orchids Grow. I am making this for my daughter, a great little scrappy project
4. Now for something perfect for the season, Christmas bunting
by the uber talented UK blogger Lynne of Lily’s Quilts I could happily hang this every Christmas!
5. The next two designs are from Amy, who blogs at During Quiet Time. I never quite know how Amy manages to fit in her creative endeavours between the needs of three children and come up with beautiful designs like these, but I do know that I just have to make the Dresden bag, I need one of these!
6. Hadley of Flying Blind on a Rocket Cycleis another UK blogger who came up with this super useful tutorial for a quick and easy present entirely form your scraps. Your imagination is the limit with this key fob tutorial
7. The final two designs are from one of my favourite bloggers. If you haven’t already come across Ayumi’s blog Pink Penguin, you are in for such a tutorial. These are just two of here fun and pretty tutorials for lovely handmake zakka gifts.
I hope you have enjoyed a little trip around the sewing blog world and now its time to get sewing, my plans are far greater than the time I have available but that is the case every year! Thanks Will for the opportunity to spend a little time over at the Abakhan blog! I only wished I loved closer to a store
of Abakhan’s, I am jealous of all of you who do! Many thanks Kerry - verykerryberry
Posted in News
By W Abakhan on 6 Dec 2011 10:00:29